One of the biggest factors affecting price is how many people will be riding. Party buses come in a variety of sizes, usually seating 10 to 50 passengers. The bigger the bus, the higher your rate will be. But the good news? The more people you have, the lower the cost per person. Here’s a quick rundown of common party bus sizes and average hourly rates in Oakland:
- 10-passenger party van – $200/hour
- 14-passenger party bus – $225/hour
- 20-passenger party bus – $250/hour
- 40-passenger party bus – $275/hour
- 50-passenger party bus – $350/hour
As you can see, those large 40 and 50-passenger coaches definitely have a wow factor. But they’re also the most expensive. For smaller groups, a party van or 14-passenger bus is often the most budget-friendly option.
How long do you need the party bus? Most companies require a minimum rental of 3-4 hours. Shorter rentals usually aren’t available. For full-night rentals, you’ll typically pay a flat rate instead of hourly. In Oakland, a standard 10-hour “night out” rental costs around $900 – $3200 depending on the size of the bus. Add a few extra hours if you want to keep the party going past the last call!
Amenities & Upgrades
Today’s party buses offer much more than just transportation. Many come decked out with luxury features and entertaining upgrades like:
- Leather seats
- Lighting systems
- Premium sound systems
- Karaoke machines
- Dance poles
- Onboard restrooms
- Minibars & BYOB options
The more amenities you add, the higher your rental cost will be. But paying a little extra can be worth it to give your guests a top-notch experience. Some of our most popular upgrades in Oakland are LED light shows, high-end sound systems, and onboard restrooms.
Are you cruising across town from Temescal to Jack London Square? Or is your party bus road-tripping all the way to Napa Valley? The farther you plan to travel, the more you’ll pay. Most Oakland party bus companies charge per mile for longer distances. For example, a trip to Livermore Valley or Sonoma will likely cost $4 – $6 per mile. We can give you an exact quote once we know your route. For bar crawls and short jaunts within city limits, you’ll pay an hourly or nightly rate instead of mileage. Oakland itself is pretty compact, so most in-town trips cost the same regardless of distance traveled.
Day of the Week
You’ll almost always get the best rates booking Monday through Thursday when demand is lower. If you reserve a party bus for a weekend, expect to pay a premium.
In Oakland, weekend rates are often 25-50% higher than weekday pricing. And you can bet a big holiday like New Year’s Eve will be the most expensive night of the year. Aim for an off-peak date if you’re looking to save money. But for special events like a birthday or bachelor party, it may be worth splurging on a Friday or Saturday.
Like other services, party bus prices fluctuate by season. Late spring through early fall are considered peak months. During busy prom, graduation, and summer party seasons, buses book up quickly so companies can charge more. You’ll get the best deals if you can schedule your Oakland party bus rental between November and April. Aside from December holiday parties, these cooler months are slower. Just don’t wait until the last minute to book during peak season!
Type of Event
Certain occasions like weddings, proms, and bar crawls are prime party bus events. So they may come with a rate hike. Expect to pay a little extra if you need a bus for a birthday, bachelor/bachelorette party, concert trip, or winery tour. On the other hand, business rentals for conferences, meetings, and corporate outings typically cost less than personal celebrations. Let us know what kind of event you’re booking a bus for, and we can provide a more accurate quote.
Most party bus companies charge a cleaning fee of around $100 – $150 in case of spills, damages, or excess mess. Gratuity for your driver might not be included either, so budget another 15-20% on top of your rental price. Some companies may also tack on fees for fuel, Tolls, or extended wait times during your trip. We can get you the estimate if you call us.
Party buses are a hot commodity, especially newer models or buses with premium amenities. If availability is limited due to high demand, rates will also be higher for last-minute rentals. Book as far in advance as possible for the best selection and pricing. We recommend reserving your Oakland party bus at least 1 month ahead of time if you can. For very large groups or peak dates, 2-3 months’ notice is best.
Examples of Party Bus Quotes in Oakland
To give you a better idea of how party bus rental costs breakdown based on specifics, here are some examples of real quotes we’ve provided to customers:
Bachelorette Party Bus
- 12 passengers
- Party bus with neon lights, karaoke, dance pole
- 5-hour local rental in Oakland on a Saturday
- Stops at 3 restaurants and bars
Quote: $1,950 total
Prom Party Bus
- 22 high school seniors
- Minibus with party lights, music, snacks
- Roundtrip from Orinda to San Francisco (40 miles)
- 5 hours on a Friday afternoon/evening
Quote: $1,850 total
Birthday Party Bus
- 35 guests
- Standard party bus with wrap-around seating, lights, Bluetooth music
- Local loops around Oakland for pub crawl on a Saturday night
- 3 hour rental with 2 pickup locations
Quote: $1,250 total
Wedding Shuttle Bus
- 28 wedding guests
- Executive minibus with leather seats
- Roundtrip transfer from Oakland hotel to Sausalito venue (20 miles each way)
- 5 hours with 30 minutes ceremony wait time
Quote: $1,400 total
As you can see, prices vary based on the specifics of your event, guest count, vehicle, mileage, duration, features, and more. The best way to get an accurate quote tailored to your unique needs is to call our team at (415) 796-8301. We’re happy to provide free, no-obligation quotes!
How to Book Your Party Bus or Charter Bus in Oakland
Ready to get a group quote for your Oakland party bus or charter bus rental? Here are the quick and easy steps:
- Choose a date – Have 1-2 backup dates in mind, too, in case your first choice isn’t available.
- Pickup/dropoff locations – Provide addresses for routing, cost estimates, and timing.
- Decide trip timing – When and how many hours do you need the bus? Build in buffer time.
- Gather guest count – Get a firm headcount so you pick the right vehicle size.
- Select vehicle – We’ll help match you with the right bus once we know your details.
- List special requests – Smoking? Pets? Decorations? Food/Drinks? Additional stops?
- Call for a quote! – Contact Oakland Party Bus Company at (415) 796-8301 for a custom free quote!